From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Ryan Hill
Sent: Friday, October 14, 2011 11:25 AM
To: paulholm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Chrysler300] Re: AUXILLARY FUEL PUMP

Many of us have run electric pumps alone that way without incident but it's
dangerous if you're running a mechanical pump as well, especially with
modern fuels that seem to deteriorate the mechanical pumps faster than in
the good old days.

Also, if you're running an electric pump full time as your only pump on a
carburated car, I would think you should have a low oil pressure kill switch
or inertia switch installed in the event of an accident where the key is not
turned off. Nothing like having a fuel line rupture and a pump continuing to
run and spray raw fuel all over.

Ryan Hill