[Chrysler300] carbs

orgial set carbs for 300.seller said they were rebuilt. put them on car could not get the car to run right.i payed 1700.00 would like to get my money back if any one is instead, #2903s art

________________________________
From: "Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, October 20, 2011 6:14 AM
Subject: [Chrysler300] Digest Number 4026

Chrysler 300 Club International
Messages In This Digest (5 Messages)
1.
Mounting front bumper on 300C/D/E From: Henry Schleimer
2.
K console aluminum texture From: Bob Merritt
3a.
Chrysler 300F From: Fred Grossi
3b.
Re: Chrysler 300F From: Bob Jasinski
4.
Fwd: 1956 Chrysler Ghia Plainsman Station Wagon Concept Car From: paul View All Topics | Create New Topic Messages
1.
Mounting front bumper on 300C/D/E
Posted by: "Henry Schleimer" henry.schleimer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:45 am (PDT)

Hello

I am having trouble mounting the front bumper on my 300C. When I got the
car it was leaning backwards and was a bit dented. The bumper is now
straight but the brackets won't allow the bumper to sit level unless I tilt
the brackets forward on the mounting bolts and maybe fit some thick shims.
The brackets could be bent, but I can't see where. They look perfect and
are identical both sides.

I have seen the position of the 300C/D/E bumpers vary a bit up/down
forward/back so I don't know if there is a perfect position, but I'd like to
get it horizontal and a bit clear of the air scoops.

Are there different mounting brackets for different models that could have
been substituted previously? Has anyone had this trouble before and found a
fix? Please contact me directly if you have a solution.

Thanks

Henry

Australia

Messages in this topic (1)
2.
K console aluminum texture
Posted by: "Bob Merritt" bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:00 am (PDT)

To the owners of 300K and K Sports.

Have you noticed there are two different styles
of aluminum on the console?
Most common seems to be the smooth version
but I have seen
a version with a
herringbone texture:

http://www.chrysler 300club.com/ rcmstuff/ kcon/alum. html

I am wondering if there is a rhyme or reason to this, perhaps a running
change
with a definitive date?

If you would reply to me
bob@simplexco. com
with your style of console aluminum (smooth or herringbone)
and
your VIN and build date
I'll compile a chart and see what we can learn.

Thnx

Messages in this topic (1)
3a.
Chrysler 300F
Posted by: "Fred Grossi" lowtax@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:03 pm (PDT)

Hello Group,

Does anyone know if my 300F has a cast iron or aluminum transmission
housing.

Also, whatever one it does have, where can I get parts to rebuild the
transmission?

Thanks,

Fred Grossi

Arroyo Grande, CA

Messages in this topic (4)
3b.
Re: Chrysler 300F
Posted by: "Bob Jasinski" rpjasin@xxxxxxxxxxx   rpjasin
Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:21 pm (PDT)

Fred,

Your trans is cast iron. Here is a good source for parts:

www.fatsco.com

Bob J

Does anyone know if my 300F has a cast iron or aluminum transmission
housing.

Also, whatever one it does have, where can I get parts to rebuild the
transmission?

Thanks,

Fred Grossi

Arroyo Grande, CA

Messages in this topic (4)
4.
Fwd: 1956 Chrysler Ghia Plainsman Station Wagon Concept Car
Posted by: "paul" paulholm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:29 pm (PDT)

Forwarding from another list