Re: [Chrysler300] '61 300G master cylinder kit

Re: [Chrysler300] '61 300G master cylinder kit

I can vouch that NAPA's listings for our car are not always correct.
Case in point is the power brake booster for my 62 H. Napa provided a single diaphragm booster. I drove my car with that from 1986 , all the time with crummy brakes until this year when I discovered it is supposed to be a dual diaphragm booster.
 Looking at pictures of engine compartments of 300H's at various web sites, it seems like there are an awful lot of single diaphragm boosters out there. It makes a big bg difference!
Mike Moore 300H
On Oct 31, 2011, at 2:27 PM, Don Verity wrote:

> Hi Bob,
> The master should be 1 1/8. They didn't go to 1 inch until 63 with the bendix brakes. NAPA's listings are not always accurate. The rubber boot is a dust boot, and is not there to stop leaks. As you have found out, the master is leaking. Best to fix it now before it becomes a problem.
> Don Verity

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: