RE: [Chrysler300] Fitting a Gary Goers roof lining to a 300C

RE: [Chrysler300] Fitting a Gary Goers roof lining to a 300C

Hi Henry,

A few other might provide their own methods but here is mine and my liner still looks great after 4 years and has not moved.....

I used a Gary Goers head lining and obtained a wrinkle free fit, without hair drier etc (did it on a hot summer night though!). however you do need to sensibly give it a good stretch in both axis and keep it tight during install. You have to take your time, go at it easy, don't rush it. I think more stretch is better than less.

I used Selleys Kwik Grip, Which I think is a great contact adhesive for auto use generally. Typical requirement of application on both surfaces, let it touch dry, and once it makes contact it sticks pretty well, but you might need to keep some areas supported at the edges overnight with masking tape. Ensure you have a good wrap over the edges, you can trim later.

Word of Caution:

The stainless external roof bows assist the install and I think make this type of head liner a much easier install proposition, However, with the bows having very sharp inside edges at curve ends you have to make sure you go easy on sliding in the card strips and that you have pre-stretched and positioned the headliner exactly were you need it to be before you screw the bow ends fully down, since they can bite into the liner and may cut it once screwed down. If you have fixed the bows down fully and have to re-stretch the head liner to remove wrinkles, you might find some ugly cuts being exposed on moving things around and unfortunately if they are bad cuts that can't be hidden then it can be a write off on second go.

Once you know how to handle these they can be installed with good results I feel. Having that understanding about the sharp bows before hand can help avoid issues.

Good luck mate.

Regards

Sean

Melbourne