  From: John Lazenby
  To: Jim Ashenmacher ; Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Thursday, November 03, 2011 12:54 PM
  Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] 1956 300B

  In searching my files I don't show this serial number in my listing.
Possibly Gloria Moon or Gil Cunningham will have something on it.  The car
looks to be reasonably clean and correct except for the incorrect color
which the seller has stated.  Beyond that there are some paint issues and I
don't know if rust is under some of those areas.

  There was a post regarding engine serial numbers that didn't make much
sense to me.  These cars did have engine block serials and they would start
with 3NE56XXXX with the last four numbers being the actual block number.
The (3) in the beginning sequence indicates it is a "300" block.  This
number will not be the same as the serial number located on the tag in
driver's door area.

  To verify that the engine block matches the car you can look under the car
at the passenger side front frame horn.  This would be in the area where the
bumper bracket attaches.  You should be able to locate a four digit number
stamped in the frame horn and that should agree with the engine block.

  John Lazenby