[Chrysler300] 1956 300B Questions for the non-purist

[Chrysler300] 1956 300B Questions for the non-purist

    Hello to all.

    I've read the archives until my eyes blurred over researching the following, and hope someone can steer me straight on these items.

1.    Tires.    I drive my cars a lot, i.e., the 300B will be my daily driver this next summer.    I intend to put radials on the car, either Goodyear

or Michelin.    My question is what size?        The car has 235/75R15s radials (Thorobred brand) on it and they seem to be correct.

2.    Rims.     I've read all the pro/cons and want to upgrade to new wheels designed for radials.   Can anyone recommend a specific rim

that they are currently using?      I want to keep the 15s and stock hubcaps.    How wide can you go on the stock front/rear?

3.    Air cleaners.    Yes,  I will be using the delta wing when I fully restore the car,  but this next year will be mechanical shake down before I

do any paint/body.    That said, is anyone using a small diameter dry filter for each carb and if so what brand, what spacer for height etc.

I drive my cars until snow/salt so I expect time spent on carbs,  chokes etc. and just want to make life easier until the engine

compartment is sorted out
.

4.    Electronic ignition.     I contacted John Lazenby and he did advise he has Pertonix conversion for the dual point dist.    Anyone have

any experience with this unit?     I've always used MSD system on my other cars but the Pertronix sounds good.... any comments.

Thank You Kindly
Jim Ashenmacher
Rochester, MN

<*> Your email settings: