[Chrysler300] Gas in your Engine.

I must tell this story.   A friend of mine was tuning up a 1958 Buick.  When I got of of work I stopped by his garage. Now I'm wearing a white shirt and tie.  I walked up to see what he was doing.  He told me that he tuned up this Buick and now it won't start.  I asked him what he did on the tune up.  He did all the normal things.  Then he told me he removed the Distributor and ran it on his Sun tune-up machine. After he reinstalled the Distributor it would not start.
So I had him put the Engine on top dead center.  I then saw the Distributor was in wrong.  So I removed it and reinstalled it right.
So I told him to try and start the engine.  So here I was leaning over the fender holding the Distributor   As soon as the engine fired there was a big explosion.  When I came too ( I don't know how long I was unconscious)  I thought I was dead.  When the engine fired the gas blew up.  The Breather cap hit me right on the Forehead and covered my face with  Oil and Gas.
 My eyes were burning and I couldn't see, Thought I was Blind.
After I got my Body back together We went over to see what happened.  I could not believe what I saw.  The oil pan was blown off, The intake manifold was blown off along with both Valve covers.  It actually striped the threads from the intake manifold bolts.
 I have seen a lot of flooded engines, But none of them ever exploded like that.
Now my friend told me before I showed up He had actually towed the Buick around the block trying to get it to start.  Well there was so much gas in the cylinders he broke a piston and filled the pan with gas.
That was the only time I have ever been Knocked out.  I had a Large Bump on my forehead that took almost a week to go away.
So the morale of the Story don't try to start a engine that?s full of gas.

                                               Gary Barker, Meadow Vista, CA

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: