RE: [Chrysler300] Re: 1955 300

There were two basic radios available on the 1955 C-300.  The standard radio
"Music Master" (?) with push buttons and a deluxe "Town & Country" radio
that had a bar on the front that when touched, advanced the dial to the next
readable station.  Each radio could drive an optional rear-seat speaker.
The T&C Touch-Tone radio could be equipped with a foot-operated switch to
change the stations.  I had my T&C radio gone through at a specialty shop in
Sacramento-Ray's Auto Stereo-1925 F St Sacramento, CA 95811-1718 (916)
447-9753.  They have an old-timer in there that has been working on these
old tube-type radios forever.  He replaced the old wax capacitors and
polished the faceplate and buttons.  They can convert the old radio to a new
AM-FM Stereo/Sirius/Ipad whatever if you wish.  Numerous shops advertise
this service in Hemmings Motor News.

I was able to repair my own electric clock by careful lubing of pivot points
and filing the contact points in the solenoid-powered winder for the
mechanical mechanism.  I used a 6-volt lantern battery to power the unit
while working on it at my desk.  The clock speed is adjusted by every action
of the knob to move the hands.  Moving the hands forward speeds up the
mechanism and vice-versa.  There is a small fuse in the line from the power
supply in the dash.  A separate wire connects to the light bulbs and is
dimmed with the rest of the dash lights.  Again, numerous shops will do this
work for you as advertised in HMN.  A watch repair or grandfather clock
repair shop can clean and tune up the clock part if the automatic winder is
working OK.

Rich Barber

Brentwood, CA