Re: [Chrysler300] Re: car transport

Hi Joe--

I had a terrible experience with DAS (Dependable Auto Shippers, one of the
recommended ebay shippers).  They gave me a great price, but after a month
had still not picked up the car (a non-running, 300G shipped enclosed from
St.  Cloud, MN to FL).  In fairness to them, I had previously had an
acceptable  experience on a running car.  Also, although they claim they are a
primary  carrier, and not a broker, I'm pretty sure they were trying to broker
my car,  perhaps because it was not running.

I had a terrific experience with Alpine Shippers.  There are a couple  of
companies with that name (one I have heard was not so good), so if you want
to try them, make sure you call Mike (the owner); here is a link to his
site:  _http://www.alpinetransportinc.com/_
(http://www.alpinetransportinc.com/)

They picked up my car promptly (and this was around Thanksgiving), and
although their price was initially a little high, they matched a lower price I
had received.  The service was excellent, they run their own trucks, and if
 there are any problems you can easily reach the owner.  If you call them,
tell them Shannon recommended them, and mention the 300G from MN to Crystal
 River, FL.  I'm not sure if that will get you anything, but at least they
will know you're calling them based on a recommendation.

I've also had good luck with Reliable Auto Carriers
(_www.reliablecarriers.com/_ (http://www.reliablecarriers.com/) ).  I  would have used them, but
they were too busy to meet my time requirements.   Alpine matched their price,
and as I said, did a great job.

Hope that helps, and good luck.

Shannon Steele
300G

In a message dated 1/2/2012 11:30:30 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,