 From: Keith Boonstra <kboonstra@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Jay R <robodoc57@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, March 7, 2012 1:16 PM
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] need fan clutch for G

Jay, I recently made up a one-time run of clutches modified specifically
for the C & D cars, and several members bought one. I don't know just
what the parameters are for a clutch to fit the G, but they can't
possibly be harder to accommodate than the Cs and Ds were. At least
you've got a little more room between the radiator and the engine.

You can go online to the Hayden or Imperial or Four Seasons (they are
all the same company) websites and download their available clutches and
specifications. With your old clutch and a vernier calipers in hand you
can compare about 10 different measurements to their chart, and I'll bet
you can come up with one that does the job for you. You'll have to poke
your way through their list of 150 different ones for an hour or two,
but you'll get there. Oh, and if there is a choice, go for a "thermal"
activated one to get much better cooling than a non-thermal one will
give you.

Good luck.

Keith Boonstra

-

On 3/7/2012 11:49 AM, Jay R wrote:

> Hello all, Many thanks to all who responded to my 61 G parts needs;
> also for the moral support and suggestions. I have rounded up most of
> the exterior chrome parts I needed. I'm still working on the interior
> chrome, including the tach. I have the G running but I need a fan
> clutch as it is overheating. Does anyone know where to get one? NAPA
> was no help, also tryed Kanter and Andy Bernbaum. Thanks Jay Robinson

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)