Re: [Chrysler300] 300D Parts (Fuel Tank Sending Unit)

Re: [Chrysler300] 300D Parts (Fuel Tank Sending Unit)

Hi Josh,

You may want to look into getting a beautiful fresh tank from Van's in
Wisconsin if yours is looking nasty.  Theirs is a very nice one.

Don't toss your old sending unit.  Jeff Carter will rebuild it for you.
Just make sure (as I did not) that the float flops all the way down in
the tank before you button it all up.  Atermarket units will likely give
you a migraine.  It has to do with getting the exact ohms of resistance.

Let me know which hose clamps you are wanting to replace.  I probably
have new ones for you - these are called Corbin clamps, and you'll want
to get yourself a $15.00 special pliers on Amazon to handle them without
grief.

Keith Boonstra

-

On 3/7/2012 6:32 PM, hyfire303 wrote:

> Hello guys!
>
> Well, I got my gas tank out of the 300D. Lots of 40 year old gas! Once
> I removed the rubber doughnut from the filler it came out easy. THANK
> YOU GUYS!
>
> Now... I am looking to find a good fuel tank sending unit.
>
> Also, looking for factory style hose clamps (I was told they might
> match Corvette ones???)...
>
> Any ideas on either?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Josh