[Chrysler300] Limp Trunk Syndrome

For anyone out there with a '57 to '59 (and perhaps other years and Chrysler Corp models) whose trunk torsion rod springs won't hold the trunk lid up anymore, I've come up with a fix for it. It takes a couple of specially shaped spacer plates to alter the geometry, and a tool for handling the rod hook while you install them.  You also need a Dremel tool for the modification.  The prototype perked my trunk lid right up the way it's supposed to be.

I've heard from a number of folks who are interested in this setup, so if we can get a few of us together I will have a small "one-time" run of the spacers made. I will also lend out the rod handling tool I made up to get the job done, and furnish detailed photos and instructions. It will cost $65 including shipping the spacers and the tool.  Your additional cost to ship the tool back to me as soon as you're done with it.

I'll take orders for the next week or so, and then get the production going.  Interested?  Please let me know shortly if you want in on the run.

Thanks.
Keith Boonstra

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional