To: torquechap@xxxxxxxxx; Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: mark6268@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 06:17:59 -0700
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] L Wheel Sizing?

Hi, David:

When I put larger tires on my K, one tire rubbed on the inside of the front
right

fender. Maybe the rubbing was peculiar to this car. As such, I would check the
clearances on both cars before making the change.

Also, check the bolt pattern on the rims you want to use. Both the '64 and '65
300s
came with 4 1/2" stud hole circles on a 14x6 rim. The larger rims you want to
use may very

well have a larger bolt pattern. For example, a '65 Imperial has a 15x6 rim with

a 5 1/2" bolt pattern, requiring new hubs and drums . The studs are also
larger, 9/16"-18

instead of 1/2"-20, requiring a new set of lug nuts.

Hard spinning a tire mounted a 15x8 rim with only a 4 1/2" bolt pattern may
shear off
the studs, causing the tire to fly free of the car. I've seen this happen at a
cruise night
a few years back, much to the embarrasment of the driver.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Ron Kurtz
E #292