Re: [Chrysler300] 300G ... Undercoating ???

Re: [Chrysler300] 300G ... Undercoating ???

Yes, Undercoating was standard on all 300G's from the factory. (Optional on other models - code 588.)

But, it is important to note there was Sound Deadener, and there was Undercoating.

All '61 Chryslers had Sound Deadener. This is the stuff applied in the wheel wells and transmission tunnel before the car is completely put together.

Undercoating was shot over everything after the car was assembled.

I wouldn't use most auction cars as a restoration guide. Cars in club concours judging without Undercoating receive a points deduction.

Andy Mikonis
thinking about taking the G out today
in Chicago