electric chokes already installed and are leaner in the primaries. I used
#1405s that were recommended by the technicians at Edelbrock. These are
manual choke 600 cfm carbs that I added electric choke conversion kits
#1478.

These chokes can be modified easily by replacing the metering rods in the
primaries without too much trouble and the jets in the primaries and
secondaries can be changed by someone experienced. There are no metering
rods in the secondaries.

Optional: We had Oxygen sensor bongs into the exhaust pipes and ran a
air/fuel computer attached to oxygen sensors and had to put larger jets in
and ³fatter² metering rods. When done, remove oxygen sensors and plug the
bongs with threaded plugs.

I can send pictures later if you wish.

Problems:

Location of gas lines. The gas input is different than the 2903s carbs.
    This is easily fixed by redoing gas lines and using the adapters from
the 2903s. Newer connections use barbs.

Air Cleaners.
    The air horns on the Edelbrocks is larger. Jeff¹s work around is to have
a 1²? high round collar machined to lift the existing air cleaners.
Edelbrock offers an air cleaner spacer in 1/2². Wonder if 2 of those would
work?? You then have air cleaners that have no locking position and rotate
on the center threaded rod.
    I bought 2 round #1208 10² Edelbrock air cleaners with 2 ³ elements. Use
the air cleaner elements that fit right into the original air cleaners. I
used the bases that fit right on the Edelbrock carbs. Trim the excess on
1208 bases and position the original air cleaner bases after trial and error
enlarging the base opening. I had the 2 bases welded. They distort and some
bending was needed. To do again, I would use small screws thru pilot holes.
Wants sure that the 2 bases are lined up OK, attach the 2 bases together
with 3M fireplace silicone or similar and screw the 2 bases together. Once
set, grind the tips of the screws off and any heads that get in the way. I
fashioned an angle piece that was notched to fit over a round piece on the
carbs and attached it to the base. This indexes the finished air cleaners to
the carb. Finish with gold engine paint and clear.

Linkage & attachment of return springs.
    Jeff has new linkage, I think. I put the 2903s next to the 1405s and
fashioned an extension to accept the return spring and another piece with
the appropriate size hole to accept the linkage and had them welded to the
Edelbrock linkage. Welder need to weld a little and spray water on the
linkage in between. In regards to the hole for the linkage some take a
washer and cut it to size and weld it into the large round hole of the
Edelbrock linkage. We had to cut off the bottom part of the unused linkage
on the passenger side to avoid the return spring.

Tony Rinaldi
300-F Conv¹t