From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jim Ashenmacher
Sent: Monday, April 30, 2012 1:39 PM
To: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Chrysler300] 1956 300B, Power Steering Questions, Help Needed

My 300B is almost ready for the road. After a long winter of replace/repair the last item to do is the power steering. I need advice on the following problem.

Vehicle, when purchased, had a "off center" steering problem, i.e., turned left OK but when turning right there's a definite "catch" and car wanted to remain turning right, as if jammed. It appeared to be, and felt like a mechanical bind in the steering box.

All suspension parts checked out OK, no binds or problems.

I had another steering column that came with the car so we swapped out the column. Car runs and drives great however doesn't return to neutral, i.e., if turning left, wants to stay left, same if turning right. There isn't the "catch" like in original column but obviously has a problem.

Any ideas on verifying where the problem actually may be?

If needing rebuilding is their a vendor to be recommended? I know the coaxial steering gear is not something all will handle.

Any idea of cost to get rebuilt?

Thank You Kindly
Jim Ashenmacher
300B