[Chrysler300] To stay original or not?

Shannon,
I don't care if folks stray from being true to the factory specs or not, its their own business. I admire  their  ingenuity that makes the cars more drivable in today's environment. I would not feel compelled to change the bias ply tires any time soon. Maybe 5 or 6 years because of age.

Several years ago, I restored an E Type Jaguar. I chose to remain all stock, as much as anything because,  being an engineer, I assumed the factory guys knew a lot more than I did. I also wanted to experience  approximately how a E Jag performed  when new.

I was well pleased with the car when it was done.

Then I was asked to do a second E Type Jag, an identical model. This person wanted all the boy-racer stuff. Big valves,headers,big pistons, porting,  poly bushings, big cam, comp suspension, hot ignition, bigger tires. I got it done and then spent a lot of time trying to make it more drivable.

Driving the two cars, I far preferred my all stock car, even with its narrow tires. It had a certain charm about it-started easier, ran smoother, rode much better. It perhaps would slide around curves if pushed instead of sticking to the road-but thats the way they were.
Ironically, the second car is used on Saturdays to pleasure drive only.

Mike Moore
300H