[Chrysler300] 1964 300K convertible top and hardware colors

[Chrysler300] 1964 300K convertible top and hardware colors

I'm looking for consensus on the color of the folding components, including
header and bows, for our '64 300K convertible-Roman Red (YY1) with black
leather interior (M8-X).  I'd be interested in your opinion and tech
reference.

This link is from a 1964 Chrysler Order Code List and indicates all folding
elements are white, but I'm not sure the footnote is all-inclusive:

 http://www.jholst.net/64-dealer/exterior-1.pdf  There seems to be a body of
opinion that black is appropriate for some body/interior colors.        In
that reference, do you think Chrysler consider the bows to be "folding
components"?  e.g.:  black bows with white side irons?

I think I read where at least some of these pieces are chromed on the '64
Imperial convertibles.  Oooo!

I also read at the referenced link that the underside liners of all
convertible tops in 1964 were originally white.  Can anyone confirm this and
advise whether this design can be obtained now, and if so, from whom?  Also,
was the original top material canvas or vinyl?

Finally, I really need a very good or restorable pair of sun visor rods and
bases for the '63-'64 Newport/300/300K convertibles.  Decent pads in black
would be a plus, but it appears Legendary will soon be reproducing the
convertible pads.  It is pretty much established that the rods, bases and
pads are all different for the '63-'64 hardtops, sedans and convertibles.
Interchangability backwards in time is unknown to me, but certainly of
interest.

Thanks in advance for your valued input.

C-300-K'ly,

Rich Barber

Brentwood, CA

1955 Chrysler C-300

1964 Chrysler 300K convertible

1986 Chrysler LeBaron Town & Country convertibles (2)

1992 Jeep Wrangler Renegade

1999 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

2004 Dodge Durango SLT Hemi

1995 31' Tioga Class C motor home (Chev 454)

2005 Parker 19' open car trailer

2.5 car garage

Spatial challenges

<*> Your email settings: