Re: [Chrysler300] Fire by wire-'64K

Hi Rich,
Similar tale. In reconnecting my battery shortly after taking possession of my Ram K Convt, there was a thin wisp of smoke at both the battery terminal and firewall. I immediately disconnected the wire and fortunately avoided a fire. The harness melted (wires fused, actually) from the battery into the dash and the ammeter was toasted. While installing a NOS wire harness and NOS ammeter we also added a fusible link as per a suggestion you kindly shared with me. To be doubly safe, I keep an extinguisher now in the car and keep the negative terminal on loosely so it can be quick disconnected by hand. Also, the negative lead is ALWAYS kept off the battery whenever the car is stored (even if I'm using a battery tender). Applying the same insights to my L.

300KL'y,

David A. Morrison
Radnor, PA

Sent via mobile