Re: [Chrysler300] 1960 - 62 Astra-Dome for Sale

Re: [Chrysler300] 1960 - 62 Astra-Dome for Sale

--  Hello 300 Guys & Gals--As Matt stated--Canada was in MPH [ same as
the USA]--till about 78 when they changed to Metric [ NOT my idea]--SO
ALL car speedos in Canada were in MPH till then --& I believe that
non-letter 1962's were only 150 mph----and the 300 H 's  were 150
Miles Per Hour --[ which would be bout 230  KPH---Anyway --  that's
the way I see it  !!!
-----Walt Reinecker
Stratford Ontario Canada--------     1964  300 K --Long Ram
-
-
-
-
-
-

------------------------------

> I also have a 150 numbered speedo for a 1962 Chysler which I bought
> in Canada.
>
> I used to think it was for a 300H because it looks identical to my
> own 300 H, but later I thought it might be metric.  Now I don't know
> what it is!
>  Mike Moore
> 300H
>

> On Jun 21, 2012, at 7:12 PM, m.hopkins@xxxxxxx wrote:
>
> Hi Matt - interesting side note about the speedo being in
> kilometres. However, it is probably from another country other than
> Canada. Canadian cars didn't go metric until 1978. Prior to that
> they were the same as US cars with speedometers and odometers in
> miles.
>
> Regards from up north,
>
> Mark Hopkins in Calgary

<*> Your email settings: