Re: [Chrysler300] '60 Ballast resistor

Noel,

The '60 Chrysler parts book calls for 2196 316 as the ballast resistor for this car. It's a common single resistor ballast.

Standard Motor Products RU11 is a direct replacement for this OEM part #.

Here's a link to this with a picture @ Summit Racing. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SMP-RU11/Application/?query=Replaces+OEM+Part+Number|Chrysler+2196316

You should be able to source this resistor at just about any decent auto parts store.

BTW, over the years I've learned to keep an extra one of these in the glovebox. So, BUY TWO!

Best Regards,

TFM

Thomas F. Miller
tfm@xxxxxxxxxxxx
'57 300C, '70 440+6 'Cuda

>>> <cpaviper@xxxxxxxxxxx> 6/25/2012 10:12 PM >>>

Hi Group -

I'm looking to purchase a spare ballast resistor for my F. Do we have a source for the '60 style resistors? I go to AutoZone, Napa, etc. that advertise by Duralast, MSD and others, with various Ohm readings. These don't look anything like the original.

Knowing next to nothing about electrical systems, I welcome your help!

Thanks,

Noel Hastalis

Burr Ridge, IL

<*> Your email settings: