than whether or not it looks right.

Tom - have you used that part so you know it works?

Pete Fitch

In a message dated 6/26/2012 3:15:02 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
finsruskw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

El wrongo, Tom

That's not even close

If this crummy site  would let us post pic's, Id send one out

Dave  Schwamdt

-----Original Message-----
From: _Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
[mailto:_Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) ]
 On Behalf Of Thomas Miller
Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2012 11:48 AM
To: _Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) ;
_cpaviper@xxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:cpaviper@xxxxxxxxxxx)
Subject: Re:  [Chrysler300] '60 Ballast resistor

Noel,

The '60 Chrysler parts  book calls for 2196 316 as the ballast resistor for
this car. It's a common  single resistor ballast.

Standard Motor Products RU11 is a direct  replacement for this OEM part #.

Here's a link to this with a picture  @ Summit Racing.
_http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SMP-RU11/Application/?query=Replaces+OEM+Part+Number_
(http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SMP-RU11/Application/?query=Replaces+OEM+Part+Num
ber) |Chrysler+2196316

You  should be able to source this resistor at just about any decent auto
parts  store.

BTW, over the years I've learned to keep an extra one of these  in the
glovebox. So, BUY TWO!

Best Regards,

TFM

Thomas F.  Miller
_tfm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:tfm@xxxxxxxxxxxx)
'57 300C, '70 440+6  'Cuda

>>> <_cpaviper@xxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:cpaviper@xxxxxxxxxxx) > 6/25/2012
10:12 PM >>>

Hi Group -

I'm looking to purchase a  spare ballast resistor for my F. Do we have a
source for the '60 style  resistors? I go to AutoZone, Napa, etc. that
advertise by Duralast, MSD and  others, with various Ohm readings. These don't look
anything like the  original.

Knowing next to nothing about electrical systems, I welcome  your help!

Thanks,

Noel Hastalis

Burr Ridge, IL

[Non-text  portions of this message have been  removed]

select the "Leave Group" button

For list server instructions, go to
_http://www.chrysler300club.com/yahoolist/inst.htm_ (http://www.chrysler300club.com/yahoolist/inst.htm)

For  archives go to