[Chrysler300] 1 speed Powerflite

Hi folks,

>From time to time I envy the owners of the 300B, C and so on for their 3
speed Torqueflite.

Only 2 speed as it should be in my C300 gives a bit more to wish for some
times.

However, that is nothing compared to this. Now I only have 1 speed.

My original C300 Powerflite which has been reliable all the years suddenly
stopped shifting.

Everything was ok until last week when I tried to impress on my daughter by
doing a kick down.

The box geared down and we accelerated normally (which means with a
blue/black cloud of smoke behind us).

BUT then it never shifted to 2nd speed again. My daughters impression over
dads car decreased quick as we where limpin? home in 30 mph.

My first thought was that the oil level was too low and I filled it up,
without result.

Maybe I should mention that I during the past two years had ?late
engagement? on this gearbox. Meaning it did not always move

when starting up and engaged the gear. As far as I know that is related to
the oil draining from the converter while parked.

Can John, Rich or anyone else give me a hint on what to start looking for.

Thanks!!

Johan Västsäter

Sweden

C300                   (11,2 on 1/8 mile) J

-56 NY

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: