Re: [Chrysler300] A word of caution -

Oops! Meant Ed and Angie Phillips!

----- Original Message -----
From: cpaviper@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sunday, July 15, 2012 7:51:29 PM
Subject: [Chrysler300] A word of caution -

On the way back from Iola this morning, I stopped at the Belvidere Mopar Happening Meet. It was good to see club members Ed and Angie Schultz, Rolland Westra and Jim McGowan.  It was also about 100 degrees there - we continue to bake in the drought here, as we did in Iola, and as many of you did at Carlisle and Hickory Corners..

Ed and Angie had their great '51 Plymouth Business Coupe there, and were parked next to a spectacular '56 Windsor Newport coupe - black with red spears. Shortly after Ed and Angie left, a gust of wind hit and lifted and flipped over 3 shade tents together. At least two of the tents were staked into the very dry ground, but the stakes didn't hold. The legs of one of the tents scratched up the paint of the '56 Windsor in several spots on the sides and the roof - got both the black and the red paint. The only good news was that the trim pieces and glass were not harmed. I ran over to help a few of the other fellas in the area hold these tents from causing further damage. One of the stakes ended up resting in the 'gully' between the left fin and base of the roof. I'm pretty sure the tent that did the damage belonged to the owners of this Windsor.

You may want to reconsider using these lightweight 'tents' in these extreme weather conditions.

Noel Hastalis
Burr Ridge, IL
300F

<*> Your email settings: