I had an extraordinary overheating problem with my H. I replaced the water pump several times with no joy, I then bought an expensive radiator excel core, still no joy. Then I thought through how whenever the temperature went up, the oil pressure went down. The common thread was the instrument regulator, which controls voltage to the temp and oil pressure gauges. I replaced that and the "temp" dropped way down. Not very scientific, but I'd keep an eye on the oil pressure and see if it goes down when the temp goes up.
Mike Moore
300H

On Jul 30, 2012, at 7:33 PM, 2HsandaHeritage@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi Rolland,

I use a Mopar Performance 180 degree thermostat - larger opening.

My old H w/air overheating problem was mostly solved with a new fan clutch.

I'm having a overheating problem with my 62 Sport w/413 and air.

A new radiator core, thermostat and flushing hasn't helped, so I probably need a new fan clutch.

I will be interested to hear what others in our group have to say about water pumps.

Doug

----- Original Message -----

From: RWestra@xxxxxxx
To: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, July 30, 2012 2:03:41 PM
Subject: [Chrysler300] 300 water pump.

I seem to remember discussion about water pump differences between A/C and
non A/C cars but I cannot find any documentation on the website. Does
anyone recall this discussion or know the differences? It seems to me that
impeller diameter and number of blades were the variables but I cannot recall
the details.

Also do the letter series 300's have a special thermostat requirement?

The temperature gage keeps rising on my H. It never overheats but reaches
the top of the normal range. .

Rolland
Westra

<*> Your email settings: