To: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Jwsacks4@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 14:34:47 -0700
Subject: [Chrysler300] brake system rebuild question

Hi folks,

I'm finally getting around to swapping out all the brake lines on my 66 - 300 and changing from a single master to a dual line. (Yes, that's right I've got 46 year old brake lines - talk about tempting death!)

I've got the new stainless lines from Fine Lines, but I had two other questions for everyone, if I may. Thanks as always. You guys are great!

1) Does anyone know where I could get the rubber parts of the system? I'm thinking specifically of the part of the brake system above the differential that looks to be rubber. And of course any other parts I don't know about yet? (I haven't gotten my hands dirty yet on this one, so not sure what's what.)

2) Do you think I need to install a proportioning valve? Original system didn't have one of course, and I'm not switching to disc brakes (the drums have been great).

3) Do I need a different distribution block for the lines from the MC? Just trying to puzzle out in my head how the two systems are going to interact at the distribution block.

Again, thanks a million! ...j

Jonathan Sacks
66-300 (non-letter!)
member since I can't remember...