Fra: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] På
vegne av Narve Nordanger
Sendt: 18. august 2012 21:50
Til: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Emne: VS: [Chrysler300] A serious 55 Kelsey Hayes issue - brake failure

Rich,

thanks for your tip on checking the actuating rod length ? I probably just
put everything back together being rather merry that I managed to get the
cross-bolt with locking pin back in place while laying upside down
underneath the dash. Otherwise your description of atmospheric pressure
flowing back to the brake booster when pedal is released, is exactly the
thing that is not happening.

I have frowned upon the car now for 10 days not wanting to touch it, but
might give it a try again next week. Will keep you all posted.

Otherwise, anyone tried modern disc brakes on a 55? Or Ausco-Lambert for the
rarest of the rare touch?

Narve

29 Chrysler ? contemporary fabulous brakes

40 Chrysler ? contemporary good brakes

52 Chrysler ? contemporary acceptable brakes

55 Chrysler ? rubbish brakes

60 Chrysler ? rubbish brakes, but better than a 55