RE: [Chrysler300] 66 non-letter 300 parts car available

looks way too nice to part out.

To: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Jwsacks4@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 10:03:16 -0700
Subject: [Chrysler300] 66 non-letter 300 parts car available

Hi folks,

After many years with my old boy (and many years with the club), I feel the time has finally come to put him out to pasture. Bottom line: undercarriage and panels are rusted too much to warrant doing anything else without a frame-off restoration, and unfortunately, being non-letter, it's just not worth the time and money. So now I only want him to go to a good home. Any offer entertained and likely accepted. Going to call Murray Park to see if he's interested in towing it out to Ohio for his collection. But if there's anyone else you can think of that might be interested in him (and/or his parts), let me know. The car is located in Baltimore. Everything works except the brakes. Was going to replace the brake lines this week, but instead decided to pull the plug on the whole venture.

Pictures can be found here: (if you don't have a Gmail account and can't access Picassa, just shoot me a note and I'll email photos

https://picasaweb.google.com/jwsacks/1966Chrysler300#

Here's what's good on him:

- 413 engine is brilliant - runs like a charm; was rebuilt about 15 years ago and not more than 5K miles has been put on since.
- interior is immaculate - dashboard, gauges, all seats except the front two buckets are pristine, all original parts
- glass is great of course
- bumpers undamaged and the front bumper is mostly nice chrome; back bumper has some pitting but is undinged.
- lights and covers all in tact and looking good.
- four original wheel covers look good
- new brake lines and dual master cylinder uninstalled in trunk
- new fitted car cover, unused with lock and locking strap in trunk
- tranny has never been rebuilt, but seems to be working fine
- diff seems to be working fine as well

Again, let me know if there's anywhere else you think I should post this. Perhaps the biggest loss is not having a reason to call myself a member of the Chrysler 300 club. You guys have been great all these years! Seriously.

Cheers!

Jonathan Sacks
66-300 (non-letter!)
member since I can't remember...