  From: John Lazenby
  To: Roger Schaaf ; Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx List
  Sent: Sunday, August 26, 2012 8:42 PM
  Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] Special Bruce Olson Goodguys memorial award

  Roger,

  Congratulations on the award and it was well deserved.  I also have a copy of the photo with your B reflection in the quarter panel of the Olson 300C.

  I purchased the car from the Olson's in 1995 and it was the missing piece of the puzzle to my Letter Car collection.  Other cars have come into our lives since them but nothing with a "Letter" attached to it.

  Todd and I became friends and although I've told this story before I'll repeat it again for those who haven't heard it.  Larry Jett's first meet was held in Newark, Ca. in 1999 and with the assistance of Ken & Brad Brody and Wayne Graefen I managed to drive all four Letter Cars to that event.  Something that was a true adventure but I don't recommend it.  Wayne drove the 300C to that event as those are his favorites.

  At that event the entire Olson family attended the show and all came to visit their 300C.  Todd and I sat in it and he asked if he could open the glove box.  I said of course and then he commented that it's contents had not changed in four years and I replied why should it.

  Next Christie was in the car with Todd and he told her a story of his grandmother hand stitching the original sun visors back together.  The most moving part of that day was when Burce's daughter sat in the car with Christie and said she could smell her dad in the car.  I've always referred to this one as "our" car being the Olson-Lazenby example.  There is much more to the story but I'll not repeat it at this time.

  A few years ago at the Goodguy's event in Del Mar I drove the 300C down and had photos taken with Ken Brody's black C300, Gary Meador's black 300B and of course our 300C..

  This car was one of three invited to the Petersen Museum for Motor Trend Magazine's 50th anniversary.  It was also the example used to pull molds for the reproduction quarter panels done by Metal Crafters a few years back.

  Every time this car comes out and attends a function is usually turns out to be the center of attraction.  Over the many years of ownership we've done many mechanical things to it but from the cosmetic standpoint the antenna has been replace and the outside rear view mirror has been replated.

  Here is a link to see the Olson-Lazenby 300C:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2x6dlrLGmUw

  John Lazenby