Re: [Chrysler300] electric chokes on ram cars

I put two electric chokes on my 63 413 with inline carbs  on on a Aluminum manifold. They work good. I bought them from Summit many years ago.  It took me awhile to get them set to work in the real cold winter.   I've thought about putting them on my 300F when I get it running.  The only problem I have with mine is when I start the car up cold and drive it down the drive way and shut it off.  then come back in a few minutes to go somewhere .  The engine is still cold,  But the chokes are warm..  But it's not a major problem.  you get used to it.   One other thing I did was I added a small temperature switch that lays on the intake manifold that senses the temperature of the block or intake manifold depends where you put it.  It goes inline from the main power lead to the carburetors.  It shuts the power off when the engine is hot so you don't have the heat coils energized all the time. only when the engine cools down.   I found this switch from a 1976 slant six.

                                                                                                                 Gary Barker
From: Bob Jasinski
Sent: Monday, September 10, 2012 10:45 AM
To: 'Chrysler 300 Club International, Inc.'
Subject: [Chrysler300] electric chokes on ram cars

Despite the fact that originality is compromised, I am interested in knowing
more about installing electric chokes on a long ram 413, i.e.; 300G or 300F.

Specifically, is it a modification that is easily put back to stock when
desired?

What part(s) are used and where are they sourced from?

How well do they work compared to a properly operating stock choke system?

Thanks in advance to all that reply.

Bob J

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional