RE: [Chrysler300] Underwater F?

Really deep, cold fresh water will preserve wood and sometimes steel fairly well but if it's only 6 feet under, there's too much oxygen in the water to have preserved it. Anyone ever see what cars that get pulled out of rivers and lakes usually look like after only a few short years? ......I wouldn't expect much. Seems to me the Fury time capsule in Tulsa, Oklahoma was in a similar environment.... An interesting story none the less, true or not.

Ryan Hill

To: cpaviper@xxxxxxxxxxx; retromobilia@xxxxxxxxxxx
CC: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; brtcpapfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
From: LabLoverDC@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 21:37:17 -0400
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] Underwater F?

      I'll second that.  I'm a diver, and have seen lots of stuff well  preserved

underwater, especially when it is fresh water.  I would bet all  of the

metal is preserved very well; much better than metal that is left out,  gets

wet, and then is exposed to air.

Couldn't someone contact the manager of the club and just ask if there is

any truth to the rumor?  If the answer is yes, then I would ask what the

membership requirements are.  It would probably be worth it to join, just  for

the adventure of it, or actually seeing it if it is there, regardless of

its  condition.

Looking forward to hearing more on this.

Shannon in Crystal River

300F convertible

In a message dated 9/11/2012 9:30:22 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,

cpaviper@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Since the nonmember Public isn't invited to enter this location, we  need

to find a connection to get in there and see if there's anything to this!

Noel