RE: [Chrysler300] radial tires for a 300F

RE: [Chrysler300] radial tires for a 300F

Patrick and anyone with a C through F:

Yes, there has been a lot of discussion on tires the last 2 years or so.
Yes, one can use 15" wheels/radial tires (the closest tire diameter size to
the original 9.00x14 bias ply would be a P225/75/R15). Yes, Diamond Back
provides a great tire and the whitewalls stay white with proper care.

But, if you want a 14" radial, Diamond Back does not have the proper
P235/75/R14 tire.  Neither does Coker anymore in the Coker brand.  The only
radial whitewall with the proper whitewall width of 2.5 inches in
P235/75/R14 available today is American Classic.  Coker sells them, as well
as Universal and others.  It is very expensive (about $277 each or so).  I
got them for my '57 New Yorker earlier this year and they look and ride
great, and handle well too.  They run at 35psi to avoid too much sidewall
distortion that can damage the wide white.

Carl Bilter

  _____