Re: [Chrysler300] 300 D serial number

Hi Ron,
Since you know the history of the car since 1959-60, you are then looking
for the original owner and possibly another one before your family took
ownership.  I'd suggest that you carefully look through all your family
records for the name of the person you bought the car from.  Did your family
take out a loan?  Is that bank still open?  Would there be a dusty piece of
paper with a bill of sale somewhere?  Or an old registration card in the
glove box?   We were researching fuel injected 300Ds some years ago and were
amazed at what people kept in the gloveboxes.

 If you have no luck there, perhaps you know in which state your family
bought the car.  Depending upon the state in this post 9/11 world, you might
be able to talk with the local DMV in person with your title in hand and ask
them if they have a history of your car.  I know we were able to do this in
MD at one time, but all the old records have been shipped somewhere for
"safe keeping".  (That's government speak for - go away and don't bother
us.)

About the only thing Gil Cunningham can discern about your car's history are
the options it came with and the date and location and name of the dealer
who took possession of it when it left the factory.  Not many of those
dealers are still around, but it should point you to a state of origin at
least.

You're lucky in that you know most of your D's history - more than most.
Let us know how your search goes.
Gloria Moon