From: gary_r_23
Sent: Monday, October 08, 2012 10:42 PM
To: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Chrysler300] 1960 Parking Brake

Hello All,
I could use some advice on my 1960 Parking Brake.

1. Is there a trick to getting the return spring re-installed? I'm having a hard time keeping the shoes in place with one hand while trying to remount the other hand. This photo shows the spring I'm referring to with both ends circled in red.
http://tinyurl.com/8p9bn63

2. What's the best way to move the brake adjusting wheel? Trying to push on the adjusting wheel with a flat blade screw driver didn't work, then I noticed the wheel has 2 cogs the protrude into 4 recesses on the adjusting sleeve. Here's a pic of that setup.
http://tinyurl.com/9el37vx

Do I need to get this kind of tool? http://tinyurl.com/8ll73ts

Thanks,
Gary