From: RWestra@xxxxxxx
To: mark6268@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, October 23, 2012 8:10:17 AM
Subject: [Chrysler300] Convertible top motors

Ron,

The kit sounds like a very reasonable price. I bought hoses for my H a
couple of years ago and paid about $100 for both hoses and fittings. As an
alternative you might consider a used top motor and hoses. I don't know if
you have an LKQ salvage yard in your area. If you do you can go in and remove
any part you want and pay a very reasonable price for it.

The Chrysler convertable motor packages are interchangable for a large
number of years. I took the motor and hoses out of a 1995 LeBaron convertible.
Both the motor/pump and the hoses were in very good shape. I paid $20 for
both. I installed the motor in my H ( I did not use the hoses since they had
been replaced a year ago) and it works very well. It may be slightly
slower that the top movement on my L but it is very acceptable. I don't know if
the pump capacity could be slightly less. The mounting locations and the
fittings are identical. The electrical connection is different so I had to
use the connector from the original motor.

Just another alternative that would save some work and a lot of money.

Rolland Westra

Rockford, IL

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional