Re: [Chrysler300] Sandy - Report from the shore

Re: [Chrysler300] Sandy - Report from the shore

Pete and Anne and friends in the NY/NJ area,

Great to hear  that you fared pretty well these past few days! Knowing where you live, I was really concerned about the probable flooding in your neighborhood.

United cancelled my Thursday's flight into LaG uardia last Thursday, but my children's flight on American was the 2nd plane to land there when the airport  reopened early Thursday morning. We flew in Friday morning for my niece's wedding in Queens on Saturday. We cancelled our reservations at the Westin near Times Square, and opted for a Holiday Inn near the venue. Cabs were scarce at the airport and the dispatcher was pairing up as many folks as possible to try to  keep the wait lines down.  Remarkably quiet trafficwise in Midtown - few cabs and fewer cars - made it down to the L ower East Side Saturday morning, where shops were just opening for business since the previous Sunday. S taging of about 40 large  electrical utilities trucks in Union Park. About 2/3 of the MTA subway lines not operating through Saturday - and th e lines that were running were stopping at 34th Street. 57 St reet station closed because of the broken dangling crane swinging overhead. Cabbies and limo drivers waiting 2 to 8 hours in line for gas, with one limo driver drove up to Connecticut, because it was only a 2 hour round trip for him.  Walking as far south as East  4th Street, we saw no flood damage.

Hope you're powered up soon!

Noel Hastalis

Burr RIdge, IL