From: kmaniak@xxxxxxx [mailto:kmaniak@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 8:19 AM
To: c300@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] Fw: Deck Lid Torsion Bars

Hi Rich:

According to the parts book, the trunk torsion bars are Chrysler only, Convertible only, and left & right.  They are not interchangeable.

My two examples show that the torsion bars are painted body color only and equipped with plastic rub blocks on the end of the bars to provide nonmetallic contact between the bar and the hinge.  Two pictures are attached above.

I suspect that the red paint reported by Ron Kurtz is an anomaly that occurred post factory.  My "two cents" for what its worth.

Best Regards, Chris