Re: [Chrysler300] METERING RODS CUSTOM --- Chuck Blackhawk

On 11/15/2012 9:48 PM, George McKovich wrote:
 > Different steps but Chuck CAN MAKE ours if he still wants to.

 > George

 > On Nov 15, 2012, at 7:45 PM, "Ron Waters" <ronbo97@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 >> This may be totally out of left field, but didn't Corvettes and
other makes
 >> use WCFBs ? If so, how do the metering rods for those cars compare
with the
 >> ones for the WCFB 2534/5 and WCFB 2741/2 ?

 >> Ron

In a multi year search for a correct 300-C pair of carbies (Affordablely
priced also) I looked at a lot of WCFB's at swap meets.

As time stretched on I came to several general conclusions, one being:

As a General rule I believe that GM bought smaller units then Chrysler did.
I would therefor draw the conclusion that GM spec'ed internal parts
would be diff specs then what you are looking for. If you went down that
road you might have to did deep into a lot of carb parts to find the
correct items.

Ok, just to check up, what are the carter numbers for the metering rods?
Do you also have the step specifications on the ones being chased?
I can compare that info with the charts in this Carter Strip-kit and see
if they are listed there.

--
Paul Holmgren
Mine: 2 57 300-C's in Indy