[Chrysler300] Gasket sourcing question - '60 crossram

[Chrysler300] Gasket sourcing question - '60 crossram

Hello Group,

Am looking for a source of certain gaskets for my F’s 413 –

1.      Set of intake manifold gaskets – rams mounting to the heads.

2.      Set of 4 exhaust bypass gaskets – 2 slotted and 2 not – about 1 ½” x 3” in o.d. size. I’m told by my mechanic that these are for the exhaust passage elbow from the exhaust to the intake. We’ll fabricate these if they’re not commercially available.

It appears that the yokel who assembled the motor back in ’07, when we got it back from being rebuilt by George, siliconed the valve covers, rather than using the proper gasket installation process; along with including exhaust manifold gaskets that aren’t to be used on these motors. We’re pulling the exhaust manifolds tomorrow, and will reassemble without gaskets. I’ve also had a sporadic antifreeze leak that appears to be coming through one of the head bolts that screws all the way into a water jacket (so I’m told) – I was thinking I had a freeze plug issue, but couldn’t locate the leak’s source. And just rebuilt the P.S. pump that was leaking like a sieve.  I guess the 4,000 miles I drove the F this past summer really did it in!

Thanks!

Noel Hastalis

Burr Ridge, IL

F coupe