From: "Ronald Kurtz" <mark6268@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: retromobilia@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 6:55:12 AM
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] 300E question.

Good questions.

The Unibody construction for all Plymouth, Dodge, Desoto and Chrysler cars (except Imperial) appeared in 1960. The basic frame appears to be the same except for various crossmember configurations to suit the needs of each model car. According to the original shop manuals I have:

The 1956 Windsor Deluxe and New Yorker Deluxe had 126" wheelbases (one can assume the C300 and the 300B had 126" w/b)
The Windsor (1958-60) had a 122" wheelbase while the other models (except Imperial) had a 126" wheelbase.
The 1962 Newport, 300 and 300H had 122" w/b while the New Yorker had 126" w/b
All 1963, 1964 models had a 122 " w/b (except Imperial)
All 1965 models had a 124" w/b (except Imperial)

In some cases the 300 was based on the shorter w/b. Maybe other members can be more specific.

Hope this helps.
Ron Kurtz
E #292