[Chrysler300] Gauges

Hi,

Hopefully some of you electrical wizards out there can suggest a solution to my newest problem.
My K has a temp gauge that doesn't work at all and a fuel gauge that reads lower than it should (a full tank
shows 3/4 with slight fluctuations).  It looks like the temp and fuel gauges are on the same circuit; is that true?
Also, there's an item in the circuit that looks like a condenser (part # 2197082, not found in the parts book).
Could this be for the purpose of preventing the gas gauge from bouncing around when the car turns or accelerates or stops?
If so, if this part goes bad, could it be the cause of the gauge problems?  Could it be just a coincidence that those 2 gauges
aren't working properly?

Just to let you know - many of you were very helpful when my car didn't want to run, so I should bring you up to date on that.
I still don't know the cause of it.  The car seemed to run almost normally when it was time to try some new things, so after
changing back to dual points from the Pertronics system and taping up an ignition wire with some cracks in it the car is still
running decent and may be all right now, even tho we haven't ruled out the possibility of a fuel problem.  It'll take some time and miles to see if the problems are gone.  Anyway, thanks for the help.

George Clineman

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: