[Chrysler300] 300K barn find in Iowa - possible new car (VIN) for the cl

[Chrysler300] 300K barn find in Iowa - possible new car (VIN) for the club

Hello 300-K fans-

The attached and rather unassuming local Craigslist ad for a ‘64 300 turned out to be a 300K coupe.  While I don’t yet have the VIN, I think there is a good possibility it is new to the club.  I have not seen the car; I have no interest in the car, and I have no knowledge of the car or the owner other than that which he provided as follows.  So this is FYI only, and hopefully some K fan is interested in saving the car.  The owner’s name is Terry – please contact him directly – evenings are best.

300K coupe with 413 single 4 bbl. auto. in original unrestored condition, stored in a barn in Traer, Iowa.  Believed to be original paint and interior.  Exterior is Rosewood, interior is white, possibly optional leather seats based on owner’s description of “pleats” in the upholstery.  Car has not been run or driven in at least 30 years, when it was hit in front by a bread truck.  Unknown if engine is frozen. Owner has extra set of doors and a good used grille to repair body damage from accident.  Car may need a driver’s side front fender due to accident damage.  Owner has had the car for at least 10 years stored in a barn.  He purchased the car in NE Iowa.  Unknown history prior to purchase.   Title is missing but should be available through the state of Iowa.  Owner states car has a very solid body and undercarriage with only very minor rust in the lower rear quarters.  Car sounds to be complete with the spare parts included.  Based on owners description car appears to have the optional tilt wheel.  Car does not have A/C or any other known power options (i.e. it has crank windows).  Owner states that interior is intact.

The owner also has a set of long rams and exhaust manifolds available that he believes came off of a 300-G.

The car is located about an hour from my house.  If someone has very serious interest, I would be willing to go take a look and talk through the good, bad and the ugly.

Here is the Craigslist ad for the K:   http://waterloo.craigslist.org/cto/3645616112.html

300ly,
Carl Bilter in snow covered Iowa

<*> Your email settings: