From: "Ray Melton" <rfmelton@xxxxxxx>
To: "John Lazenby" <french_fryguy@xxxxxxxxx>, "Henry Schleimer" <henry.schleimer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, cpaviper@xxxxxxxxxxx, chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, agmoon@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sunday, March 10, 2013 9:14:07 AM
Subject: [Chrysler300] Ignition Cables - Pertronix - What about plug wires?

I have been in contact with Alex Conger from Pertronix, Inc. for nearly a month now regarding new plug wires to go with the Pertronix Ignitor for my 300C. He told me specifically that the original (or new) wire-core cables were too low resistance and could damage the Pertronix unit. He suggested that Pertronix could supply a pretty much universal "stock look" kit using 7mm black spiral-wound wires. However, those cables already had fused-on boots at both the distributor and plug ends, which of course would NOT work with the long insulated plug end connectors on my 392 hemi. Not only that, but there was no way of knowing if the wires would be long enough for me to cut up his set and put on my own connectors and boots. I asked if Pertronix could make up a plug wire set if I sent them my old wires -- Alex said they get their wires pre-made and have no way to make a custom set. I then asked if he could tell me the supplier for the Pertronix wire sets, and although he didn't know exactly, he did suggest three sources.

So, earlier this week I went to Kingsborne Wire Werks kingsbornewires.com and immediately found the correct black silicone 7mm spiral-wound wire I was looking for. $31.25 for a 25-foot roll. Kingsborne also had the crimp terminals I would need, as well as plug wire separators, wire markers for cylinder numbering, etc. It was easy to order the parts through their on-line shopping cart. The wires are not yet in hand, but it will be a simple job to make up a new set using my original wires as a guide -- even down to the red distributor boot for #1 cylinder from Gary Goers!

Ray Melton
Las Cruces, NM

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional