From: David
Sent: Thursday, March 14, 2013 6:14 PM
To: mmoore8425@xxxxxxx ; Chrysler 300 List
Subject: Fw: [Chrysler300] Just Found the Build Sheet (YEEEHHHAAAWWW!)

Hi Mike,
The Ram J/K cars are unique in that they have a brake booster moved to the inside of the front-left fender (driver's side). Disc brake conversions on a non-RAM J/K would not represent any impediments.

Unfortunately, there are no front disc brake conversions on the market that have developed successful plumbing solutions that account for this 1963-1964 "short ram" anomaly. While a proper disc conversion works just fine for all other letter car years (e.g., C/D/E/F/G/L/etc.) the presence of the remote brake booster will invariably create undo drag on the rear drums ultimately resulting in a fire. A proportioning valve does not provide a solution for the Ram J/K cars. In fact, I've spoken with Jeff Carter and several others in the field and no one can come up with any proven workaround strategy. So, we defer to what Mother Mopar intended in this particular case and sourced a pair of NOS drums (even though I'd love the added peace of mind running discs in front).

I'm sure other club members will have good info on a disc brake conversion on your H, Mike, if you decide to go that route.

300KL'y,

David Morrison