[Chrysler300] Research Help: Unusual Long Ram/Carb Set-Up

[Chrysler300] Research Help: Unusual Long Ram/Carb Set-Up

Hi All,
Looking for some help in identifying a complete ram set-up I recently purchased. (The intention is to put these on my 300L rag top.)

The carbs are Carter 3705SA which Google suggests were intended for Max Wedge cars. The rams look like traditional long rams with block off plates. What I can't identify, after spending considerable time on the 'Net, is the unique linkage and bell crank. The bell crank is square with four evenly drilled holes... possibly for lightness? More than one person has conjectured that the piece was designed by Chrysler for racing... maybe as a prototype. Hence, my desire to research the matter further.

I'm unsure how to post pics here and didn't want to hog bandwidth so I just put a few pics up on CraigsList even though the rams aren't for sale. (It was an easy way to get a few photos online quickly and then pull them down without fanfare.) Photos can be found here:
http://newjersey.craigslist.org/sys/3689953615.html

Curious if anyone knows the history of this set up or can help me decipher the story that it's trying to tell.

Thank you for any and all thoughts!

300KL'y,

David Morrison
New Jersey