RE: [Chrysler300] 1958 300D - Original Battery

RE: [Chrysler300] 1958 300D - Original Battery

Interstate Battery also sell 'recycled' batteries.  I have bought 2 over the
last 10 years for my 300K.  They cost around $30, (group 24) are totally
black and void of labels and such.  For show purposes, I also bought some
red 'Mopar' screw-on battery caps that simply press into the holes once I
remove the 'square' covers. Recently I also purchased a ready-made Mopar
decal that sticks on the side to give more of a original equipment look.
While it is certainly NOT concourse, it closely resembles the 'look' of a
Mopar after stopping by the dealership in 1960's.

I only drive my 300 about 3 months out of the year.  Each spring, I put a
trickle charger on it and it's good for the season.  I'm literally getting
about 5 years worth of use from each one I've bought.  Group 27s may be
unavailable or limited availability, but the group 24 suffices for my needs.
Not bad for a low-dollar investment! Using the savings for fuel!!!!!!

My 2 cents

Jim Cruser - 300 K