Re: [Chrysler300] Conflicted viewpoint: body paint gloss level for 1957

Re: [Chrysler300] Conflicted viewpoint: body paint gloss level for 1957 300C

I just asked our painter, who has been in the business for 40+ years, and
he strongly advises against it, aesthetics aside.  He thought there would
be a good chance 3-4 years down the road that the clear would start to either
 peel or craze, because paints from that era were not designed to take
clear  coats like modern paint.  So, he thinks it would be a big mistake, and
said  if the paint is good, leave it alone, and if you absolutely must have
more  shine, take it down and put on a two-stage paint designed for that
purpose.

Shannon

300 F Convertible

In a message dated 4/22/2013 2:27:05 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,