Re: [Chrysler300] Selling a 300

Yes the state will in fact ask the purchase price for purposes of assessing
 sales tax, but I have never heard of a state using that information to
assess an  income tax.  If your neighbor showed them the check, they should
have had  to settle for the tax on what he actually paid.

Pete

In a message dated 4/23/2013 3:30:15 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,