[Chrysler300] 1956 300B: rear brake drum needed and question on intermi

[Chrysler300] 1956 300B: rear brake drum needed and question on intermittent problem. What's correct RPM at idle in gear?

Hello to all.    Snowed again last night and more coming,  but as long as there's no salt on the roads I'm driving the Black Widow as much as possible to shake out the bugs.   Thanks to those who replied on my "oblong" brake situation.... you were correct as I have a bad brake drum in the rear.   Even though my "mechanic" had the shop manual and forum references to rear brake drum removal he apparently used a BIG hammer.... with corresponding dents in the drum.

New mechanic,  who seems more in touch with old cars,  removed rear drum and turned it down to get the lumps out... and we're at max and thin.   If anyone has a rear drum they could spare, please contact me.

Intermittent problem.     Not starting.     This is a "dead" issue, i.e.,  no cranking when key is turned on.   Battery is new as are all cables.  Starter was rebuilt during restoration and solenoid checks out but this is not that type of problem.    There seems to be no power at all.

Is there any kind of relay or switch in the pushbuttons for the tranny?    It's almost as if you're trying to start the car in gear and the interlock prevents that.   It's very intermittent and after a few (or dozen) tries the car will start fine.    I've punched the drive/neutral buttons a few times and that may? or may not have been the temp fix when it does start.

Any thoughts on this annoying problem would be most appreciated.

One more item.   What's the recommended rpm's when at idle,  in gear, engine warm for the 300B.

Point of interest.    I know who bought Jack Chryslers '56 300B if anyone is interested.   Owner may not decide to restore.

Thank you kindly.

Jim Ashenmacher
1956 300B
Rochester, MN