[Chrysler300] RE: C300 with water in the oil :(

[Chrysler300] RE: C300 with water in the oil :(

Past and future Swedish member Johan Västsäter apparently has a big or a
very big problem with the engine in his 1955 C300.  He allowed his
membership to lapse, now regrets that decision and is in the process of
re-upping.  If you have some helpful hints, please send them directly to him
at:  300@xxxxxxxx  You can respond to the server if you have some insights
to share with the rest of us, but CC Johan, please.

A cracked cylinder or head gasket seems most likely but the rate of water
leakage to the sump seems quite high and it would all have to get past
whatever rings are left.  Let?s welcome Johan back to the fold, learn from
him how valuable this forum is and hope it?s just a head gasket.  If the
freeze plugs did not pop, maybe it is unlikely that an inner cylinder wall
freeze-cracked.  Hope blooms eternal in the Chrysler 300 owner?s heart.

I?m sure Johan would appreciate your insights as to inspecting and repairing
the piston, cylinder and rings of the cylinder in question and the entire
engine in general.

You might even comment on retrofitting any other first-generation hemi block
with the C300 manifolds, cam, heads & etc if he has to go that route.

On a similar vein, I noted in another online forum that the 345 hemi?s such
as are found in my ?05 Dodge Durango have been experiencing catastrophic
failures due to rain or carwash water leaking past the cowl seal, standing
on top of the block and being ingested into the intake system past leaky
intake gaskets.  The water goes into the cylinder and, being incompressible,
forms hydraulic lock, piston, rod, block and cylinder head failures.  It
would seem that water leaking from a head gasket into the top end of a
cylinder could do the same thing.

Johan, we hope Spring comes soon to Leverhogen Roset and that you are able
to salvage that rare C300 block.  Please let us know what you find.

C300K?ly,

Rich Barber

Brentwood, CA

1955 C300 Coupe